As User Experience Architect @ TBWA Berlin i was confronted with the client's problem to be unaware of potentials how to improve their digital products. As a solution I created a poster and a book called digital diagnostiqs. It's meant as an inspirational source to discover potential for improvements in various fields and disciplines. It was released under Creative Commons licence and many aspects are still valid today.
Improving Digital Products Today
Digital products have become an integral part of our lives, with millions of people relying on websites, mobile apps, and other digital products for everything from shopping to communication. If you're responsible for designing or managing digital products, it's important to ensure that your products are optimized for web findability, social sharing, mobile optimization, analytics, usability, and device optimization. In this article, we'll provide some tips on how to improve these key areas.
How easy it is for users to find your website through search engines like Google, Bing, or Baidu. To improve web findability, you can:
- Optimize your website for search engines by using relevant keywords in your content and metadata.
- Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, as search engines prioritize mobile-friendly sites in search results.
- Build high-quality backlinks to your site from reputable sources.
How to motivate users to share your content on social media platforms like TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram. To improve social sharing, you can:
- Include social sharing buttons on your website and mobile app, making it easy for users to share your content.
- Use visually appealing graphics and images in your content, as this can increase social shares.
- Create content that is relevant and engaging, as this can encourage users to share your content with their networks.
Mobile First Optimization
Make it a priority that your website or mobile app works well on mobile devices. To improve mobile optimization, you can:
- Ensure that your website is responsive, meaning it can adjust to different screen sizes and device types.
- Use large font sizes and clear calls to action, as this can improve usability on smaller screens.
- Test your mobile app or website on different devices to ensure that it works well on a variety of platforms.
Tracking and Analytics
How do your users behave on your website or mobile app. To improve analytics, you can:
- Use a tool like Umami, Google Analytics, or Matomo to track user behavior and identify areas for improvement.
- Set up conversion tracking to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct A/B tests to test different design elements and determine which ones are most effective at driving user engagement.
Make your website or mobile app as easy to use and navigate as possible. To improve usability, you can:
- Use a clear and intuitive navigation system, making it easy for users to find what they're looking for.
- Use clear and concise language in your content, avoiding jargon or technical terms that might confuse users.
- Test your website or mobile app with real users to identify areas for improvement and ensure that your product is easy to use for your target audience.
Make the experience as native as possible to every device, operating system, and browser. To improve device optimization, you can:
- Test your website or mobile app on different devices and platforms to ensure that it works well on all of them.
- Use responsive design techniques to ensure that your product adjusts to different screen sizes and device types.
- Use a framework like Bootstrap to ensure that your product is optimized for a variety of platforms and devices.
Optimizing your digital products for web findability, social sharing, mobile optimization, analytics, usability, and device optimization can help improve the overall user experience and drive engagement and conversions. By implementing the tips outlined in this article, you can ensure that your products are optimized for success and that users have a positive experience interacting with your brand.