Family-owned company Thomann is one of Germany's hidden champions as an e-commerce pioneer. It was founded in 1954 and from 1996 accessible online. They supply millions of musicians worldwide.
I supported Thomann from 2013–2019 as Head of UX and was part of the e-Commerce Management Team. I contributed to the areas of product design, UX strategy, innovation, conception, design management, service design, and agile transformation. There was a close collaboration with a variety of departments, subsidiaries, and external suppliers for software development, customer service, IT, marketing, SEO, content, logistics, and law.
- Built and coached a remote UX team.
- Implemented thousands of iterative improvements to the online store.
- Transformed a static desktop website into a responsive web experience.
- Product development of a shopping app with more than 2 million downloads for iOS and Android, with a 4.9 stars customer review score.
- Created the mobile appearance from the ground up.
- Improvement of the international customer experience. This includes the establishment of international proofreading, multilingual concepts, culturally localized adjustments for 13 languages, and 100+ countries.
- Implemented monetization for free services like the classifieds ads.
- Establishment of user research and the transfer of knowledge into product development.
- Service design in the area of return processes in collaboration with the department for returns management.
- Service design for an optimized CX and internal logistics of gift vouchers.